Very moving story by mom of an Ontario 21-year-old who accidentally overdosed on fentanyl, having struggled with addiction for a long time.
‘After struggling with addiction and mental health issues for years, Lockie accidentally overdosed on fentanyl, a prescription opioid painkiller vastly more powerful than morphine.
“In the end I think he just didn’t realize that addiction was bigger than he was,” said his mother, Monica Lockie. “He was superintelligent and really felt that he knew more about the drug and was able to navigate his way around it. He didn’t really think that drugs would ever beat him.”
Full story – Metronews Canada